By Rob Corliss
October 14, 2019
Consider these six strategies when crafting premium cold-weather cocktails and making seasonal transitions for cocktail menus:
1. Don’t eliminate fresh, clean, bright flavors—just move them into more seasonally appropriate offerings.
2. Diversify your menu with both elegant chilled cocktails and bold hot cocktails.
3. Warming spirits paired with back notes of spice and smoke can provide rich indulgence.
4. Crossover cocktails are an easy way to switch up the experience.
5. Lean on these familiar cold-weather flavor profiles as a base for modifications: maple, vanilla, ginger, apple, citrus
6. Look to these unique profiles for a fresh take on seasonal beverage flavors: licorice, birch, cardamom, yuzu, pomelo, blood orange, tamarind, rosemary, thyme, mushrooms