Idaho® Red Potato Salad with White Anchovy Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brandon Hudson
Sponsor: Idaho Potato Commission
Idaho® Red Potato Salad
- 30 ea Idaho® Red Potatoes, whole
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 heads butter lettuce, cut in fine chiffonade
White Anchovy Dressing
- 6 ea white anchovy fillets
- 1 ea lemon, zested and juiced
- 5 gr parsley leaves
- ¼ cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 ea egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 ea garlic cloves
- 1 cup blended oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- As needed kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup capers
- 60 slices ¼-in pickled okra
- For the Idaho® Red Potato Salad: Set an immersion circulator to 85 degrees C. Divide the potatoes into 6 vacuum bags and add ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil in each bag. Vacuum seal and cook sous vide for 1 hour 15 minutes. Chill the potato bags in an ice bath when finished.
- Once cooled, use a 1-inch ring mold to cut cylinders from the longest side of each potato. Slice the cylinders into 3/8-inch medallions and keep chilled.
- For the White Anchovy Dressing: Add all the ingredients except oil to a food processor and blend. Slowly emulsify in the oil and chill.
- For Plating: Arrange ¼ head of lettuce chiffonade at the bottom of a plate. Arrange 9 potato circles on top of the lettuce. Very lightly sprinkle smoked paprika on top of the potatoes, then drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season lightly with kosher salt. Next, spoon about 2 tablespoons of dressing on top of the potatoes. Garnish with 1 teaspoon capers and about 5 slices pickled okra.