Beef Tartare with Kimchi
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brandon Hudson
Sponsor: True Aussie Beef & Lamb
- 2 ½ lb beef tenderloin, cut into small dice
- 5 Tbsp daikon kimchi brunoise
- 5 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp shallot brunoise
- 1 cup kimchi juice
- 5 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 5 Tbsp chives, finely sliced
- To taste salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 40 large butter lettuce leaves
- 6 Tbsp furikake seasoning
- Fold all ingredients together except butter lettuce and 1 Tbsp furikake. Cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving, gently pack 4 oz tartare in a 2-in ring mold slightly off center of each plate. Garnish with a pinch of furikake. Serve with 4 large leaves of butter lettuce fanned out above tartare, or other items for scooping, like rice crisps or wonton chips.
It’s very important to keep beef extremely cold, taking out small amounts at a time to dice. Placing tenderloin in the freezer 10 to 15 minutes ahead of cutting makes it much easier to dice.