Grilled Cheese with Boursin®, Apples and Fig Jam
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeremy Lett
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
Fig Jam: (yield 1 ½ cups)
- 6 oz Dried Mission figs (stem removed, diced)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Pinch Black pepper
- 2 slices Sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp Fig Jam
- 5 or 6 slices Granny Smith apple (1/8-in slices)
- ½ cup Arugula
- 2 ½ oz Boursin® Garlic & Herbs Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- For the Fig Jam: Place the figs, water, sugar, and lemon juice in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until figs are softened.
- Allow to cool, then place in a food processor and puree.
- Add black pepper and stir. Cool and store refrigerated.
- For the Sandwich: Spread the Fig Jam on the bottom of a piece of sourdough bread.
- Top with the apples, then the arugula.
- Spread the Boursin® Cheese on the other piece of bread and top the sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick sauté pan.
- Place the sandwich in the pan to butter one side, then flip it and cook until the bread is toasted.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Place on a cutting board and slice diagonally with a bread knife. Serve.