BUSH’S BLENDED KOFTA WITH CANNELLINI BEAN AND TOMATO SALAD
Recipe courtesy of Chef Tamra Scroggins
Sponsor: Bush’s Best
Blended Burger Kofta:
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ cup ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground green cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ground sumac
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 48 patties Bush’s Best Blended Burger
- As needed parsley, for garnish
- As needed pita, for garnish
- 12 cups Bush’s cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups diced tomato
- 3 cups sliced green onions
- 3 cups minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ½ ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced or pureed garlic
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups plain (not Greek) yogurt
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- As needed cayenne pepper
- For the Burger Kofta: In a bowl, blend together the spices.
- Thaw the burgers and shape each one in a cylinder and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kofta spice. Set aside.
- For the Balela Salad: Combine the ingredients in a large bowl.
- For the Yogurt-Tahini Sauce: Whisk together the ingredients and check for seasoning.
- For each serving: Grill two of the meat cylinders on a hot oiled grill, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Plate with 1 cup of salad and 2 ounces sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve with warm pita.