Boursin® Garlic & Herb Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of Chef James Musser
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
This is a savory cheesecake using Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, with a Parmesan cracker crust, topped with whipped Boursin® and a fresh tomato-olive salsa.
Servings: 24 pieces
- 18 ounces wheat crackers
- 1 ¾ packed cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for brushing
- 8 packages Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Colby or mild Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint herb-marinated kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup shaved red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- As needed salt and pepper
- 4 packages Boursin® Black Pepper Cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs, such as herbes de Provence
- As needed salt and pepper
- As needed micro greens, for garnish
- To make the Cheesecake: Preheat a convection oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of two 9-inch springform pans with parchment paper. Brush the sides and bottom with melted butter.
- Process the wheat crackers into a fine crumb, then combine with 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the melted butter until moistened.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of each pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Turn the oven down to 250 degrees.
- Place the Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and blade and add the eggs, yolks, and sour cream. Mix for 3 minutes, until incorporated and no lumps remain. Scrape the sides and blade and mix in any unincorporated cheese.
- Add the Colby, remaining ¾ cup Parmesan, the onions, salt, black pepper, and white pepper. Mix for 3 minutes on medium until incorporated.
- Divide the filling between the two pans.
- Bake at 250 for 1 ½ hours, until set and lightly browned on top. Remove and allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour before wrapping and refrigerating.
- Once cooled, unwrap, and run a knife around the perimeter of the cheesecakes to release from the pans. Cut each pie into 12 even slices.
- To make the Tomato-Olive Salsa: In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, onion, vinegar, salt, and pepper until incorporated. Allow the salsa to marinate while the cheesecakes are cooking. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To make the whipped Boursin®: In a food processor, combine the Black Pepper Boursin®, heavy cream, and dried herbs. Process to combine, then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To Plate: Rewarm the cheesecake slices in a 350-degree oven for 4 to 6 minutes, until heated throughout. Place a dollop (about 1 tablespoon) of whipped Boursin® on top of each. Divide the Tomato-Olive Salsa between each slice. Garnish the top with micro greens.