Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Potato Croquettes
Recipe courtesy of Pascal Beaute, MCF, Director of Culinary, Delaware North
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
Servings: 24 pieces
- 4 pounds russet or gold potatoes
- 1 package Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese
- 8 ounces butter
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, whisked and seasoned for egg wash
- 10 ounces bread crumbs
- Peel and cook the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes with the Boursin®, butter, and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Let the mixture cool.
- Shape the mixture into small balls or pears. Roll in the flour, then the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs. Lay the croquettes on a sheet pan and freeze.
- At service, deep-fry the croquettes until browned and crisp. Drain and serve.
Alternately, use the potato mixture as Boursin® mashed potatoes by adding 4 ounces of milk to make them fluffier.