Fresh roasted garlic and a bit of black pepper are all that’s necessary to turn out a flavorful grilled salmon fillet. Serve topped with a fresh green salad and bulgar for a healthy, flavorful menu option.
- 4 oz. salmon skinless
- 4 bulbs garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts mesclun greens
- 1 pint quartered grape tomatoes
- 5 radishes sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fl. oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice about 3 medium lemons
- 3 cups bulgur cooked with fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice top of garlic bulbs to expose cloves.
- Add oil and enclose inside aluminum foil pouch. Bake for 30 minutes until soft.
- Remove from pouch to cool, pouring excess oil onto salmon fillets.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper mixture.
- Place on a medium hot grill or grill-pan for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- After first turn, squeeze roasted garlic bulb onto top of salmon fillet.
- Mix salad components thoroughly with olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Serve salmon atop salad mixture. Add bulgur to salad, or eat as a side dish.