Tyson Foodservice: Roasted Chicken Farro Salad
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jennifer Etzkin OBrien
Sponsor: Tyson Foodservice
Sherry Vinaigrette: (Yield 2 1/2 qt)
- 1500 g sherry vinegar
- 600 g shallots, minced
- 3300 g honey
- 750 g dijon mustard
- 30 g fresh cracked pepper
- 400 g kosher salt
- 3900 g olive oil
Salad for Service:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz Tyson pre-cooked, pulled chicken
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- To taste kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup farro, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ ea avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cashews, salted and roasted
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ bunch upland cress
- As needed extra-virgin olive oil
- To taste sea salt
- For the Sherry Vinaigrette: In food a processor, place the vinegar, shallots, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Run until the shallots are thoroughly blended. Slowly stream in the oil. As the dressing tightens, add room temperature water (about 900 g) until desired consistency is achieved.
- For the Salad (per serving): Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 1 minute. Fold in the shallots and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the farro, dressing, and chicken. Gently fold in half of the raspberries, reserving a few for garnish. Fan the avocado on the side of the bowl. Center the farro mix in the bowl. Garnish with the cashews, cheese, and remaining raspberries. Top with the cress. Drizzle the cress and avocado with olive oil. Season the avocado with sea salt.
Mache can be used in place of upland cress. Be sure the chicken is warm when combined with the salad.