Blazin’ Blueberry Glazed Wings
Recipe courtesy of Joe Natoli, Executive Chef, Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Sponsor: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
- 1 ½ cups Blueberries, Frozen
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 each Red Pepper, Minced
- 2 each Green Pepper, Minced
- 1 ½ cups Datil Pepper, Minced (sub jalapeño pepper)
- ¼ each Red Onion, Minced
- ¼ cup Cilantro, Minced
- 2 each Limes, Zested, Juiced
- 15 pounds Chicken Wings, Fried
- For Garnish Blueberries, Fresh
- Heat blueberries, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves and set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the fried chicken wings in a bowl.
- Add the blueberry apple cider vinegar mixture to the pepper mixture and stir.
- Toss the chicken wings in the blueberry pepper mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve 6 chicken wings per plate and top with excess sauce and fresh blueberries to garnish.
Chef Notes: Wear gloves when cutting the datil peppers.