DOWN UNDER BBQ SANDWICH WITH AUSSIE LAMB & CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stephen Toevs
Sponsor: True Aussie Beef & Lamb
YIELD: 2-4 PORTIONS
PORTION SIZE: 7-8 oz.
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 2 each Australian lamb rumps (~10 oz.)
- BBQ seasoning, to taste
- 1 each crusty 12” French baguette
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 4 oz. (wt.) yellow onion, sliced thin, sautéed
- 4 oz. (wt.) pickled onions
- 2 each fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 fl. oz. Carolina BBQ sauce
- Preheat grill over HIGH heat. Season the lamb liberally with your favorite barbecue seasoning. Grill for 4-6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness is reached. Rest lamb for 5 minutes and slice thin.
- Assemble the sandwich by grilling the bread then adding the lamb, swiss cheese, grilled onions, pickled onions, fresh picked rosemary and the barbecue sauce before adding the top bun.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side.
- Note: Pairs great with a hazy New England I.P.A