Boursin® Bagel Bites
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brad Kent
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
- 30 g Whole egg, beaten
- 190 g Water
- 420 g High-gluten flour
- 4 g Active dry yeast
- 30 g Brown sugar
- 10 g Vegetable oil
- 10 g Table salt
- 350 g Boursin®
- As needed Sesame or poppy seeds
- In a mixer bowl, combine the egg and water. Attach a dough hook and add the flour, yeast, and sugar. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Turn off mixer, scrape down the bowl sides, and add the oil and salt. Mix on low speed for 8 minutes. Remove dough from mixer and place in a covered container to bench proof at about 70 degrees F for 2 hours, or until dough approximately doubles in size.
- Once the dough has doubled, deflate it and divide into 15 g .portions. Fill each piece with 2 tsp (7 g.) Boursin® and wrap the dough around the cheese, rolling it into a ball. Proof the filled portions until doubled in size.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil the proofed bagel bites for 1 minute, working in batches. Remove from the water and roll in sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
- Bake the bagel bites on a parchment-lined sheet tray at 450 degrees F with convection on high, for about 8 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.