Hearty and satiating, they can be used as a base for chicharrones con huevos or topped with roasted cherry tomatoes, black beans, Oaxacan cheese, juicy skirt steak and a fried egg for a loaded nacho-style steak and eggs. Easily rendered gluten-free and inherently keto-friendly, these Avocado Chicharrones have great potential, from breakfast menus to late-night shareables.
- 60 each Avo-Chicharrones, see subrecipe
- 60 each -color Cherry Tomatoes, roasted
- 1.5 cups Black Beans, warmed
- 6 tbsp Oaxacan Cheese, diced
- 6 tbsp Grilled Skirt Steak, ¼” slices
- 18 each Avo-Crema, see subrecipe
- 2 tbsp Spiked Avocado Hot Sauce, see subrecipe
- 2 tbsp Chives, minced
- 6 each Fried Egg
- 60 each Avocados From Mexico, ¼” Slices
- 6 cups flour
- .5 cups Milk
- 6 each Eggs, whisked
- 6 cups Chicharrones, Crushed
- 6 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice, Fresh
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, Rough Chopped
- .25 tsp Salt, Kosher
- .25 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 cup Avocados from Mexico, stage 4, Pureed
- .25 tsp Onion Powder
Spiked Avocado Hot Sauce
- .25 cup Avocados from Mexico, stage 4, Pureed
- .25 cup Chili Lime Sauce, Prepared
- 3 tbsp Avocados from Mexico, stage 4, Pureed Chili Lime Sauce, Prepared Tequila, Reosada
- Pre-heat fryer to 350°F.
- Take each avocado slice and fill the center hole with extra avocado pieces (from the ends).
- Dredge each avocado slice in flour.
- Dip each avocado slice in egg mixture.
- Press each avocado slice into crushed chicharrones.
- Fry each avocado slice until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately salt avocado slices.
- Place all ingredients in a food process and blend until smooth.
- Reserve covered and in a refrigerator until ready to use.
Prepare hot sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined
Prepare final dish
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare one portion, plate 10 freshly fried Avo-Chicharrones slices and top with roasted cherry tomatoes, black beans, Oaxacan cheese and bake until cheese has melted. 3-5 minutes
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve.
Courtesy of Avocados From Mexico