Serving more seafood will help customers improve their overall quality of life. Here are some seafood nutrition facts curated by the Seafood Nutrition Partnership servers can use to seal the seafood sale.
- Seven out of 10 deaths in the U.S. are preventable through diet and lifestyle changes, like adding Omega-3s from seafood to your diet.
- On average, people consume 10 times more sugar than seafood annually.
- Consuming seafood boosts brain health and can help reduce anxiety, stress and headaches, and protect against depression.
- Seafood consumption has been linked to better sleep.
- Babies of mothers who ate seafood twice a week during pregnancy were observed to have greater IQ by 5.8 points.
- Older adults with high fish consumption live an average of 2.2 years longer than non-fish eaters.
- Adults with Type 2 diabetes who consumed an average of 500 mg of EPA+DHA daily for six months showed improvements in blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, and reduced waist circumference. One serving of salmon has more than 1200 mg of EPA+DHA.
- All seafood is now a zero-point food on the Weight Watchers program.