A casual brainstorming meeting between colleagues, mid-afternoon team bonding, an after-work meet-up for a debrief—whether it’s an impromptu gathering or business celebration, social interaction is an important part of team-building success. Lunch and late afternoon offer an ideal relaxed setting, while gathering around food and drink offers a lasting connection point. Restaurants that understand evolving off-site consumer dynamics and implement strategies that address unconventional office schedules are poised to reap the benefits of additional revenue streams.
Restaurants could consider a flex lunch approach, pulling in a few top-selling menu items from breakfast or dinner, and perhaps even combining breakfast and dinner ingredients to make a new dish. Position some as shareable platters and some à la carte, merging those onto the core lunch menu.
Here are 10 flavor-driven ways to extend the camaraderie and social experience outside the office.
Rotate the same one or two key elements while keeping all other ingredients the same.
Tenders and Toasters: Fried chicken tenders + griddled brioche French toast + Calabrian chile maple syrup + sweet potato fries
>> offer creative breakfast-dinner combinations
Breakfast Tacos: Soft corn tortillas + smoked beef brisket + scrambled eggs + charred elote-Serrano salsa + queso fresco crumbles
>> offer rotating meats like achiote pork, maple-glazed pork belly, mole chicken, barbacoa and a signature salsa
Heavenly Hash browns: Crispy shredded Yukon gold hash browns + scrambled eggs + portobello-hamburger gravy + ricotta salata + buttermilk biscuits
>> offer rotating styles of hashbrowns and flavored meat gravy (or flavored queso)
Huevos Rancheros: Soft flour tortillas + stewed whole black beans + scrambled eggs + carnitas in black sesame seed-chipotle sauce + pickled red onion-mango slivers
>> offer rotating signature flavors of meat in sauce and pickled vegetable/fruit (or fresh pico)
Wednesday Carver: Prime rib + scalloped potatoes + au jus + grilled broccolini
>> offer rotating homestyle Sunday suppers at mid-week lunch
À LA CARTE INSPIRATIONS
- Biscuit Smashed Burger: Buttermilk biscuit + beef smashed burger + white American cheese + fried egg + smoked paprika-maple aïoli
- Osso Bucco Grits Bowl: White cheddar grits + sautéed spinach + pork osso bucco (off the bone chunks) with sauce + poached egg + gremolata
- Everything Carnitas: Griddled egg in a hole everything bagel half + carnitas + shredded habanero Jack cheese
- Breakfast Fried Rice: Red jasmine rice and sprouted brown rice + hard-scrambled eggs + breakfast sausage + green bell pepper + soy sauce
- Stout Shorty Mac: Mac and cheese + beer-braised beef short rib chunks + pickled mustard seeds + fried parsley crumbles
FEATURED RECIPE: Corn Esquites