Beet and Salmon Napoleon with Boursin® Garlic and Fine Herbs
Recipe courtesy of Juan Serrano
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
- 1 lb Boursin® Professional Gournay Cheese, Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 12 oz smoked salmon, 4 oz minced; 8 oz sliced
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 5 tsp ground chipotle
- 1 Tbsp umami sauce with black garlic
- 3 lb medium red beets, peeled
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Balsamic reduction, as needed
- Microgreens for garnish, as needed
- Add the Boursin® and minced salmon to a stand mixer with the whip attachment. Whip until the cheese has softened.
- Add the cream, chipotle and umami sauce. Whip until they are combined and the cheese is light.
- Scrape it into a pastry bag and refrigerate until needed.
- Boil the beets in salted water until tender when poked with a fork. Drain and let them cool.
- Use a mandoline to slice beets ¼ in thick. Use a 3-in biscuit cutter to cut each slice into a consistent size, if desired.
- To build the napoleons, oil a 3- to 3 ½-in cylinder mold. Layer 1 beet slice, about 2/3 oz Boursin® mixture, and some sliced salmon (about ½ oz per portion). Repeat the layers twice, ending with a final beet slice.
- Slide the napoleon out of the cylinder and refrigerate for service. Repeat to build more napoleons.
- To plate, zigzag the plate with balsamic reduction. Place one napoleon and garnish with microgreens and a salmon rose.