Korean Beef Bowl
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kevin Felice
Sponsor: True Aussie Beef & Lamb
- 10 lbs Australian grassfed strip loin, diced 1 inch by 1 inch
- 3 c gochujang paste
- 1 c honey
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 6 lbs farro, cooked and cooled
- 2 c grilled and diced scallions
- 4 qts bias-cut green beans
- 2 qts pickled cucumber salad
- 2 qts carrot ribbons
- Black sesame seeds
- Skewer steak cubes on 10-inch wood skewers, 5 cubes per skewer.
- Combine the gochujang and honey and rub the steak all around with it. Place skewers on a flat top grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature is reached.
- In a large pan, sauté the farro with the scallions. Warm through and season as needed.
- Portion warm farro in a bowl. Arrange about 2/3 cup green beans, 1/3 cup cucumber salad and 1/3 cup carrot ribbons on top. Add a skewer of beef and garnish with sesame seeds.
From the September/October 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.