Grilled Aussie Pineapple-Brie Burger
Recipe courtesy of Tiffany Sawyer
Sponsor: Aussie Beef & Lamb
- 4 slices thick-cut sliced bacon
- 1 ½ Tbsp gochujang paste
- 8 oz ground Australian beef
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ciabatta bun, split
- 3 ½-oz slices pineapple, cored
- Oil, as needed
- 3 Brie cheese slices, ¾ oz each
- 4 slices Gochujang Bacon
- 3 Bibb lettuce leaves
For the Gochujang Bacon:
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the bacon on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Brush the bacon on both sides with the gochujang.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, until the bacon is golden brown. Be careful not to let it overcook and burn.
- Set aside for service.
For the Pineapple-Brie Burger:
- Gently mix together the Australian beef, steak seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into a patty with a little indentation in the middle of the burger.
- Heat a grill to 600°F. Make sure it is clean and well seasoned.
- Grill the burger, allowing it to sear well. Move only after 2 minutes. Cook to desired temperature.
- Butter and grill the split ciabatta bun.
- Oil and grill the pineapple for 30 seconds on each side.
- Layer the bun with the bottom bun, burger with melted Brie, bacon, grilled pineapple, lettuce and top bun.