Honey Grapefruit Shrub
Recipe courtesy of Dawn McClung
Sponsor: National Honey Board
- 1-in chunk fresh ginger
- 8 fl oz cider vinegar
- 9 oz honey
- 1 c fresh grapefruit juice (about 2 grapefruits)
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 fl oz Honey-Shrub Syrup
- 1 c club soda
- Grapefruit peel, for garnish
For the Honey-Shrub Syrup:
- Peel and thinly slice the ginger.
- Heat the ginger slices and vinegar in a small saucepan until the mixture begins to simmer at the edges of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add honey.
- Let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add the juices, stir and pour into a heatproof glass container. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Strain the liquid, discarding the ginger.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover. Refrigerate for up to 2 months.
For the mocktail:
- Fill a 12-oz glass with ice.
- Pour the Honey-Shrub Syrup into the glass and top with the club soda.
- Stir to blend the syrup and soda, garnish with grapefruit peel and enjoy!
Project Management: Summit F&B
From the Best of Flavor 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.