Honey-Citrus Chicken Wings with Candied Pecan
Recipe courtesy of Abe van Beek
Sponsor: National Honey Board
- 2 oz fresh thyme
- 2 oz fresh parsley
- 1 oz fresh rosemary
Honey-Citrus Glaze (Yield about 2 c):
- 3 c fresh orange juice
- 8 oz honey
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Chicken Wings (per serving):
- 3 oz (about 2) chicken wings, cooked
- 2 oz Honey-Citrus Glaze
- ½ oz candied pecan dust
- Orange zest, as needed for garnish
- Herb Blend, as needed for garnish
For the Herb Blend:
- Clean all herbs from stems. Combine and chop with a sharp knife.
- Transfer to a suitable container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
For the Honey-Citrus Glaze:
- Heat orange juice in a saucepan and slowly reduce by one third.
- Add honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool rapidly.
- Transfer to suitable container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
For the Chicken Wings (per serving):
- Toss cooked chicken wings in Honey-Citrus Glaze to thoroughly coat.
- Transfer coated wings to a sizzle tray or baking sheet. Place coated wings into 500°F oven and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to set glaze.
- Remove from oven and plate the glazed wings.
- Garnish with candied pecan dust, orange zest and Herb Blend.
Project Management: Summit F&B
Photography: Carlos Garcia // Food Styling: Peg Blackley