Ghirardelli® Triple Chocolate Scone
Recipe courtesy of Kim Moyle, Executive Chef, The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa
- 3.75 lb all-purpose flour
- 10.3 oz Ghirardelli® 100% Premium Baking Cocoa Powder
- 12 oz sugar
- 1.125 oz baking powder
- 1 oz baking soda
- 30.33 oz butter
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 18 oz Ghirardell® 52% Chocolate Chips, chopped
- 4 oz Ghirardelli® 72% Chocolate Chips
- 12 oz Ghirardelli® 52% Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz heavy cream
For the Scones:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line the sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixer combined flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using a pastry cutter, work the butter into small marble size pieces. Then add the chips to the butter.
- Stir the buttermilk into the dry ingredients then knead together with the butter. Work into a ball and transfer to your prepared sheet tray.
- Flatten on the sheet tray and score to the desired serving size.
- Bake until firm about 22-25 minutes
For the Glaze:
- Combine the chocolate and melt over a double boiler.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thick.
- Glaze the top of the cooled scones
Project Management: Summit F&B
Photography: Carlos Garcia // Food Styling: Peg Blackley