Vegan Boursin® and Eggplant Lasagna
Recipe courtesy of Chef Molly McGrath
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
- 3 lbs globe eggplant
- ½ c olive oil
- Salt, as needed
- 2 c walnut halves
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 24 oz Boursin® Dairy-Free Cheese Spread Alternative, Garlic & Herbs
- 16 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 c traditional marinara
- 6 oz baby spinach
- Slice each eggplant lengthwise into 4 to 6 slices and toss in the olive oil. Lay in a single layer on sheet trays and salt lightly. Roast eggplant at 425 degrees F until tender and lightly browned. Remove and cool.
- Place walnut halves and garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse until walnuts are coarsely chopped. Add the Boursin Dairy-Free and pulse until well blended but not completely smooth. Walnuts should retain some texture.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a half hotel pan. Top with 4 cooked lasagna noodles. Place ⅓ of the eggplant slices over the noodles and top with ⅓ of the Boursin mix, spread in a single layer. Top this with 3 ounces of spinach and ½ cup marinara. Repeat this layer one more time. Finish lasagna with a final layer of eggplant, noodles and remaining third of the Boursin mix. Spread the final layer of Boursin completely over the noodles so that all pasta is covered.
- Bake lasagna at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes or until filling is bubbling at edges. Allow it to cool and set slightly before serving.
From the September/October 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.