Spicy Price*s® Pimiento Cheese Breakfast Biscuit
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan Buckholz
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
- 4 ½ lb all-purpose flour
- ½ cup baking powder
- 8 tsp kosher salt
- 8 tsp sugar
- 2 ½ lb unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 2 ½ qt buttermilk
- 8 cups Price’s Southern Style Spicy Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 3 cups Price’s Southern Style Spicy Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese Spread, warmed
- 24 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 24 ea over-easy eggs
- For the pimento biscuits: heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it is the texture of coarse meal with some pea-size pieces.
- Mix the buttermilk and pimento cheese spread until well combined. Using a fork, stir in the buttermilk and pimento mixture until the dough is just evenly moistened. Scoop the dough into 24 rough mounds (about 2/3 cup each) and place them on the prepared sheets. Bake the biscuits until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- For the biscuit sandwiches: cut a biscuit in half to make top and bottom buns. Spread 1 Tbsp of warmed pimento cheese on the bottom portion of the biscuit. Shingle 2 halves of bacon over the cheese. Place an over-easy egg on bacon. Place 1 Tbsp of warmed pimento cheese on the over-easy egg. Place top portion of biscuit on top of egg and cheese.