Watermelon Poke Bowl
Recipe courtesy of Chef David Viviano
Sponsor: National Watermelon Board
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 ea limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sambal
- 4 cups medium-dice watermelon
- 8 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup medium-dice cucumber
- 1 ea avocado, medium dice
- ½ cup pickled ginger
- ¼ cup sliced scallion
- As needed toasted black and white sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, assemble poke sauce by whisking together the soy, sesame oil, lime juice, grated ginger, sugar, and sambal.
- In a medium bowl, mix the watermelon with the poke sauce. Utilize just enough sauce to coat watermelon. Refrigerate remaining poke sauce for later use. Store for up to 7 days.
- For each serving, place 2 cups rice in the bottom of a serving bowl and top with 1 cup watermelon poke. Arrange ¼ cup edamame, ¼ cup cucumber, ¼ avocado, 2 Tbsp pickled ginger, and 1 Tbsp scallion according to picture. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.