Tyson Pulled Chicken Long Rice
Recipe courtesy of Chef David Viviano
Sponsor: Tyson Foodservice
- 8 oz bean thread noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-in piece ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer layer removed, thinly sliced
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 lb Tyson fully cooked, low sodium, ½-in diced chicken
- 2 cups kale chiffonade
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- To taste salt and pepper
- As needed sliced scallion
- As needed lime wedges
- Optional sambal
- In a large bowl, soak the noodles in warm water for about 30 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, add the sesame oil and sauté the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken, kale, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Add the noodles. Cook until they are translucent.
- To serve, place the noodles into a serving bowl. Ladle soup over the noodles. Top with scallions. Serve with lime and sambal, if desired.