Feta, Tomato and Herb Pasta Bake
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jenn Sheppard
Sponsor: Barilla America
- 8 c Barilla® IQF Cellentani Pasta
- 8 oz feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 8 c grape tomatoes
- 1/3 c olive oil
- ¼ c vegetable stock
- ¼ c basil chiffonade (1 Tbsp reserved for garnish)
- 1½ tsp thyme, rough chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, rough chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- Finishing salt, to taste
- In a casserole or half hotel pan, combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients, making sure to mix well enough to coat pasta and tomatoes with the oil and broth.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and stir again to make sure all components are well combined.
- Garnish with reserved basil and finishing salt and serve.
This famous dish, seen around the world after going viral online, has been made even easier with frozen pasta.
I used cow’s milk feta for this recipe. If using sheep’s milk feta, remember that it tends to be much saltier, so I recommend omitting the salt (and finishing salt) altogether or adjusting the amount of feta to taste. If using a block of feta, please crumble for this recipe and be sure to drain the brine and save it for adding bright notes of flavor to other savory dishes.
From the September/October 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.