Chilaquiles Verdes con Pollo
Recipe courtesy of James Patterson
Sponsor: Tyson Foodservice
- 1 qt sour cream
- ¼ c lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 5 lbs Tyson® Fully Cooked, 100% All Natural*, Boneless, Skinless, Low Sodium Pulled Chicken
- 1 gal roasted tomatillo salsa/salsa verde
- 48 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 80 soft-poached eggs
- 2 lbs finely shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 24 ripe avocados, medium dice
- In a food processor, blend the sour cream, lime juice and cilantro. Divide the mixture between two piping bags.
- In a medium stock pot, bring the chicken and salsa up to a strong simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cut tortillas into eighths and flash fry until crispy. Gently fold the tortilla chips into chicken mixture.
- Divide chicken-tortilla mixture between two 2-inch hotel pans.
- Gently layer the poached eggs evenly over the two pans.
- Pipe the cilantro-lime crema over each pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over each pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top each portion with diced avocado and serve.
This can be served as a lunch or dinner option by leaving off the eggs. Possibly serve with refried beans, seasoned black beans, elote, etc.; the possibilities are endless.
Salsa roja can be substituted for the roasted tomatillo salsa.
*All-natural, minimally processed chicken with no artificial ingredients