Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese Summer Vegetable Tart
Recipe courtesy of Chef Christian Hallowell
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
Boursin® Ricotta Basil Mix:
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lb Boursin® Professional Frozen Gournay Cheese Cubes, Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 16 (5-inch) quiche shells in aluminum pans
- 2 lbs caramelized sweet onions
- 80 slices ¼-inch Roma tomato
- 80 slices ¼-inch zucchini coins
- 80 slices ¼-inch half-moons yellow tomato
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- 8 oz Boursin® Professional Frozen Gournay Cheese Cubes, Garlic & Fine Herbs
For the Boursin® Ricotta Basil Mix:
- Place ricotta in a colander and let drain for 30 minutes.
- Put drained ricotta in a bowl with cheese cubes, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
To prepare the tarts:
- Spread 2 ounces Boursin® ricotta basil mix over the bottom of each tart shell. Top with 2 ounces caramelized onion.
- Shingle about 5 slices each of the vegetables in a spiral around the top of each tart, alternating colors.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Place 3 Boursin® cheese cubes in the center of each tart. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes, until nicely browned. Remove and chill.
Shells come in individual foil cups. Leave tarts in cups for baking and remove for plating.