Black Pepper Pickled Deviled Eggs
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brad Bergaus, Corporate Chef, Director of Menu Innovation, Taco John’s
Sponsor: Lee Kum Kee
Black Pepper Pickled Eggs:
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 c Lee Kum Kee® Black Pepper Sauce
Candied Orange Bacon:
- ¼ c Lee Kum Kee® Sauce for Orange Chicken
- 4 strips thick cut hickory smoked bacon
- 12 hard boiled yolks
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee® Roasted Sesame Dressing
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 5 chives, cut into 1-in batons
For the Black Pepper Pickled Eggs:
- Mix Lee Kum Kee® Black Pepper Sauce and 1 ½ c water together in a stainless bowl until fully emulsified. Place peeled eggs in the sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours.
For the Candied Orange Bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and wire rack.
- Place Lee Kum Kee® Sauce for Orange Chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Dip bacon in orange sauce until fully covered. Place on the lined sheet pan on wire rack.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Remove from oven and cool.
Once cooled, cut bacon into 1-in pieces.
For the Yolk Filling:
- Once eggs are pickled, cut eggs in half and remove and place yolks into a stainless mixing bowl. Set egg white halves aside for serving.
- Use a fork to smash egg yolks. Fold in mayonnaise, Lee Kum Kee® Roasted Sesame Dressing and salt until smooth and fully blended.
- Transfer prepared yolk filling to a piping bag.
For the Assembly:
- Place halved egg whites on a serving plate.
- Pipe and fill egg halves to slightly heaping.
- Place a piece or two of Candied Orange Bacon on center of each yolk filling and slightly press into filling.
- Place two chive batons on each prepared egg. Cover and refrigerate until service.