Barilla® Mardi Gras Pasta
Recipe courtesy of Chef Christian Hallowell
Sponsor: Barilla America
- 1 oz butter
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, ¼ inch dice
- 2 Tbsp green bell pepper, ¼ inch dice
- 2 Tbsp onions, ¼ inch dice
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp tasso ham, ¼ inch dice
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, ¾ inch dice
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 6 oz heavy cream
- ¼ c Parmesan shredded
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 12 oz Barilla® penne pasta, IQF
- 1 Tbsp green onions or chives for garnish, or see Chef Notes
- Sauté the chicken, vegetables and tasso in butter over high heat in a sauté pan.
- Place the tomato paste in the pan and lightly toast.
- Add cream, Parmesan and seasonings and reduce until nape.
- Add pasta, toss until incorporated and place in hot bowl.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
You can also make a brunoise of red, green and yellow peppers for a sweet garnish.