Arugula Salad with Crispy Boursin® Bites
Recipe courtesy Chef Amy Smith, Miller’s Ale House
Sponsor: Bel Brands USA
Boursin® Bites: (Yield Approx. 250 pieces)
- 2 cups flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 750 g Boursin® IQF Cheese Cubes, frozen
- As needed vegetable oil
Vinaigrette: (Yield 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup vinaigrette
- 3 lb. arugula
- As needed Kosher salt
- As needed ground black pepper
- 3 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 each eggs, hard boiled, quartered
- 200 Boursin® Bites (prepared)
- For the Boursin® Bites: Place the flour in a bowl. In a second container, whisk together the eggs and water to combine. Place 1 cup of the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge the Boursin® IQF cubes a few at a time in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip flour-coated cubes in the egg wash, turning a couple of times to ensure it coats the flour. Drop the cubes in panko breadcrumbs, turn to coat and place on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Add fresh breadcrumbs to the bowl as needed.
- Repeat with the remaining cubes, wrap the sheet tray and place breaded Boursin® cubes in the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, fry cubes in 350-degree F vegetable oil for 15 to 30 seconds or until golden and crisp. Remove fried Boursin® cubes and drain in a Savaday. Repeat with remaining Boursin® cubes.
- For the Vinaigrette: Combine the mayonnaise, molasses, mustard and salt in a bowl and whisk until the mixture is milky in appearance and no lumps remain. Add the vinegar and whisk until smooth, about 10 seconds. Whisking constantly, very slowly drizzle both oils into vinegar mixture. Vinaigrette should be glossy and lightly thickened, with no pools of oil on its surface. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the Salad: Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas to bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter. Arrange the hard-boiled eggs over arugula. Sprinkle with warm Boursin® Bites.