- 2 Alaska cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup green onion, cut thin
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 steam bag for microwave
Thai Red Curry Butter:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- tbsp Thai red curry paste
- ½ tsp lime juice
- Pinch kosher salt
“Instant” Basmati Rice:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- Kosher salt for seasoning
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- Prep and Cook Rice: Put rice into container, top with cold water, and stir to remove excess starch. Drain off water and repeat process again. Repeat a third time but leave rice covered with water for 45 minutes minimum and up to 12 hours.
- Fill a 2 qt sauce pot with cold water, add pinch of kosher salt, and bring to boil. Drain rice of rinsing water, put into wire pasta strainer and submerge into boiling water. Once the water comes back to boil, set timer for 4 minutes and 15 seconds. When timer sounds, remove rice from boiling water, drain off excess liquid, transfer rice to mixing bowl and add unsalted butter, green onions and salt. Reserve, covered, until ready to serve.
- Butter: combine the softened butter, curry paste, lime juice and salt. Mix well and reserve until ready to prepare cod in steam bag.
- Prepare the Steamer Bag: Place the cod into the steam bag. Add the red pepper, ginger, green onion, soy sauce and Thai red curry butter. Seal bag, place into microwave, and cook for 3 ½ to 4 minutes on high heat. Remove from oven, open bag and allow steam to vent. Transfer fish and sauce to entrée plate, and serve with steamed basmati rice.
Author: Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef – Director
Consumer Brands, Safeway, Inc