Schmaltz Roasted Idaho® Potatoes with Crispy Capers and Parsley
Recipe courtesy of Chef Molly McGrath
Sponsor: Idaho Potato Commission
- 1 ½ lbs Idaho® Russian Banana Potatoes
- ½ c schmaltz, warmed to liquid consistency
- As needed flaky sea salt
- ¼ c capers, rinsed and drained well
- 2 c Italian parsley leaves
- ½ ea lemon, juiced
- Rinse potatoes and slice lengthwise into halves.
- Drizzle a half sheet tray with 2 tablespoons of schmaltz. Toss potatoes in the remaining schmaltz and season lightly with flaky sea salt.
- Lay potatoes onto the tray with the cut sides down. Pour any schmaltz remaining in the bowl over the potatoes. Sprinkle the capers around the potatoes.
- Roast potatoes and capers at 450 degrees F until the potatoes are tender and well-browned on the cut sides.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the potatoes, capers, and any residual schmaltz to a bowl. Toss with the parsley leaves and lemon juice and serve immediately.
From the Best of Flavor 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.