With the brunch boom still booming, morning stars like coffee and cereal are getting boozy upgrades. Brunch’s freewheeling, “anything-goes” vibe is fueling this beverage trend, making both coffee cocktails and alcohol-infused cereal milks modern alternatives to mimosas and Bloody Marys.
- Pins & Needles: Felipe II Spanish brandy infused with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Amaro Montenegro, pumpkin purée, fresh lemon juice, agave and sesame seeds
—Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco
- Breakfast Negroni: Beefeater gin, Campari, Gran Lusso vermouth infused with Cocoa Puffs, plus a dash of chocolate salt bitters
—Wildhawk, San Francisco
- The Adulting Is Hard: Mistral Nobel Extra Añejo Pisco, rum, housemade spiced chai cereal milk made with corn flakes, honey and a garnish of grated black lime
- Cold Brew Negroni: Cold-brew concentrate, Campari, sweet vermouth
—Vespr Coffeebar, Orlando, Fla.
- King Coffee Cocktail: aged rum, vanilla syrup, coffee, stout beer, heavy cream
—Polite Provisions, San Diego