Cocktails offer a perfect platform for seasonality, and summer calls for refreshing flavors with a social, trend-forward vibe.
Three trending flavors that capture all of that are: watermelon, passionfruit and ginger-lime.
From a watermelon margarita, where the sweetness of the fruit gets a counterpunch from a chile-salt rim, to a Moscow mule, where spicy ginger beer and bright lime liven up chilled vodka—these flavors offer a clear pathway to summer success.
- Watermelon Mojito: Rum, watermelon and mint soda
—Craftsman, Austin, Texas
- Passion Fruit Margarita: Milagro silver tequila, passionfruit, St-Germain
—Cheesecake Factory, multiple locations
- Matcha Mule: Matcha-infused vodka, ginger beer and lime
—The Forge Lounge, Seattle
Just the facts
- Watermelon is loved or liked by 78% of consumers
- Ginger lime has seen a 96% increase on cocktail menus in the last 4 years
- Passionfruit is up 21% on cocktail menus in the last 4 years
Source: Datassential MenuTrends 2018