Honey helps mask the sometimes apparent bitterness that accompanies gluten-free goods. Pumpkin Honey Spice Cookies are a delicious alternative to regular flour treats.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend* see note below
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or line with parchment paper 3 cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. On a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, cream together honey and butter. Beat in pumpkin and egg (mixture will look curdled, but will smooth out when dry ingredients are added.)
- On low speed, mix in dry ingredients until blended; mix in pecans and cranberries. Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch between them. Bake 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pan 5 minutes; with spatula, transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
*Use a store-bought gluten-free flour blend or make your own blend by combining equal parts white rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch or cornstarch.