Recipe courtesy of Chef Matt McMillin, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants, with over 45 locations throughout the U.S.
- 3 lbs Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
- Water, as needed for steaming
Herb Lemon Marinade*
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 T Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1 T Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 2 T Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
To Serve (per serving)
- 1/4 lb Crushed Fingerling Potatoes
- Herb Lemon Marinade, as desired
- 3 T Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Wash and rinse potatoes.
- Fill pot with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer.
- Place a steam basket with potatoes into the pot and steam for about 20-25 minutes or until you can just poke a knife through the middle.
- Transfer potatoes to a clean sheet pan, spread out into a single layer and allow to cool at room temperature.
- When cool, press each potato, exposing the inner flesh of the potato, yet keeping the potatoes whole or in large pieces.
Herb Lemon Marinade
- Prepare and measure all ingredients. Be sure to chop all herbs evenly.
- Place all ingredients, except the oil in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until well combined.
- *To reduce ingredients can substitute thyme, garlic, tarragon, parsley, and red pepper flakes with 5 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning Blend. Can replace lemon zest, black pepper, and Kosher Salt with 3 tablespoons of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Fry crushed fingerling potatoes in a 360-degree fryer, until crisp and deep-golden brown (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- When done immediately drain off excess oil and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Immediately toss with Herb Lemon Marinade, Grated Parmesan, Sea Salt and Parsley. Coat the potatoes evenly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Great with steaks, fish or chicken. Another thing I like to do is add a flavored aioli underneath a portion of the crispy potatoes like a preserved lemon & garlic aioli, chimichurri aioli or sesame-sriracha aioli.