- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or 3/4water plus 1 vegetarian bouillon cube crushed
- 1 cup Textured Vegetable Protein TVP
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned black soybeans divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix 1 1/4 ounces
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons to 3soy oil
- In a medium saucepan bring vegetable broth or water and bouillon cube to boiling. Add TVP and let stand 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mash half the beans with a fork.
- Add remaining beans, onion, flour, cornmeal and seasoning mix. Add eggs and mix well.
- Form into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until firmed and browned on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and brown second side.
- Serve black soy bean burgers on buns with your favorite veggie burger toppings.