Beurre Monté Pasta with Salt-Cured Produce
Source: Jamie Simpson, Culinary Vegetable Institute
Photo: Michelle Demuth-Bibb
- Mustard greens
- Spring onions
- Crystal lettuces
- 8 oz Beurre monté
- 2 Barilla Lasagne Chef lasagne sheets, cooked perfectly
- Lots of salt
- Cut your vegetables into small pieces. Weigh the cut vegetables and season them with 10 percent salt by weight. Allow them to sit overnight in the brine they will produce. Agitate or stir once or twice throughout the day. The following day, remove from brine and allow to dry on the counter or in a low oven until they begin to shrivel up a bit. Lightly dress with oil and store refrigerated until ready to use.
- For the beurre monté, mince the garlic and mustard greens and incorporate. Season with salt.
- To serve, gently warm and dress a perfectly cooked sheet of lasagne with the beurre monté. Fold the sheet to fit the plate and sauce the sheet again.
- Finish with salt-cured vegetables and leaves. Serve immediately and as hot as possible.
From the Best of Flavor 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.