Australian Grassfed Beef Tartare with Kimchi and Furikake
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brandon Hudson
Sponsor: True Aussie Beef & Lamb
- 2 ½ lb Beef tenderloin, cut into small dice
- 5 Tbsp Daikon kimchi brunoise
- 5 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp Shallot brunoise
- 1 cup Kimchi juice
- 5 Tbsp Chopped capers
- 5 Tbsp Finely sliced chives
- To taste Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 40 large Butter lettuce leaves
- 6 Tbsp Furikake seasoning
- Fold all ingredients together except butter lettuce and 1 Tbsp furikake.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving, gently pack 4 oz tartare in a 2-inch ring mold slightly off center of each plate.
- Garnish with a pinch of furikake.
- Arrange 4 large leaves of butter lettuce fanned out above tartare.
It’s very important to keep beef extremely cold, taking out small amounts at a time to dice. Placing tenderloin in the freezer 10 to 15 minutes ahead of cutting makes it much easier to dice.