By Rob Corliss
January 14, 2022
Five easy entry points for incorporating modern Greek across the menu:
- 1Feta Fries Shareable: Pile french fries over a bed of creamy whipped feta cheese and top with minced pickled banana peppers.
- 2Blushing Tzatziki Beet Salad: Toss roasted beets and slivered red onions in tzatziki and top with toasted walnut halves.
- 3Greek Omelette Roller: Roll a three-egg omelette around a crispy spanakopita to play with creamy/crunchy textures.
- 4Cyprus Meatballs: Simmer lamb meatballs in a caramelized garlic-tomato sauce and top with a dollop of tapenade and chopped preserved lemons.
- 5Baklava Cheesecake: Adapt the classic baklava as a cheesecake wrapped in phyllo, baked and topped with crushed, roasted pistachios and a honey drizzle.
From the Best of Flavor 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.