By Rob Corliss
January 14, 2022
Beverages are a ripe format for banana-infused inspirations, like these five ideas:
- 1Cold Brew with PB-Banana Dalgona Whip: Roasted banana purée is whipped with hot water, coffee grounds and peanut butter; use it as a luscious topping for iced cold-brew coffee.
- 2Power Smoothie: Purée frozen banana slices, cashew milk, Greek yogurt, cacao nibs, dark cocoa powder and cardamom.
- 3Going Bananas: Blend RumChata, fresh banana, ginger syrup, coconut milk and ice.
- 4Banana Rx Tea: Boil a whole banana, combining the strained, banana-flavored water with apple juice, honey and a pinch of cayenne.
- 5Banana Split Cocktail: Combine banana liqueur, Kahlúa, milk and pineapple juice, adding a Luxardo cherry garnish.
From the Best of Flavor 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.