By Jeff Miller
January 14, 2022
Expanding your coffee and espresso program is one of the easiest ways to apply innovation that drives both traffic and tickets without too much complexity or too many new SKUs. With coffee and tonic on hand, a simple build with a flavor syrup can lead to a new, unique coffee-tonic offering. Begin with a thoughtful assessment of your operation and your expectations.
- Do you currently menu the “right” cold-brew or iced-coffee offerings?
- Does it make sense to invest in a tap to produce nitro coffee?
- Do you have the dairy alternatives consumers seek, such as oat “milk”?
- What is your flavor lineup?
- What will stand as your house signature beverage?
- Have you considered how you might translate cocktail trends into non-alc coffee drinks?
From the September/October 2022 issue of Flavor & The Menu, for chefs and menu developers. Read full issue online.